If you use a MAC rather than a PC, when saving a csv file to upload into ftw Compliance Module please use the Save as option and select Windows CSV. There can be issues with dates if the non-Windows CSV is used.
A user has shared the following steps with us when a file is proving difficult to upload; note that we have not tested this:
Open the file
- In the SS# column: Highlight all the cells, convert text to number; then right click and select Format Cells =>Special=>Social Security. To convert text to number, just to the left of the SSN you will see a yellow message icon; the first option is convert text to number
- In each of the date columns: From the Data tab, click on Text to Columns; then Format cell> Date >MM/DD/YYYY
- Save the file.
Note that you may also have to take the above steps if you have an older version of Excel.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Adding Plan Year-ends in Batch
- End of Year Checklist
- Error message on a test report
- Fixing duplicate participant records in the census
- MAC Users- Saving csv Files
- Materials from Refresher Training on the ftwilliam Compliance Software February 6, 2018
- Problems Seeing all the Options in the Drop-down Boxes
- Recording of Webinar on the ftwilliam.com Compliance Software New User Interface July 2015
- Troubleshooting uploading the census