The newest iteration of the Form 5500 software will be made available annually around the first week of January.
You can create a final filing on the current 5500 form, by selecting the 'Clone 2019 Return/Report within 2019 for this plan only' option under the 5500 Menu in the top right hand corner of the 5500 Module.
This clone feature will create a new plan with 'Final [timestamp]' at the end of the Plan Name to distinguish which plan is which. Note: The 'Final [timestamp]' will not be added to the Plan Name on the Return/Report. This clone will include the 5500, schedules, and signer information.
You would then complete the 2019 form for the 2020 final filing, being sure to change the dates and check the box to indicate it is for a final and or short filing.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I clear a radio button (e.g. "Yes" or "No" response) on my form or schedule?
- How Do I Prepare A Prior Year Filing For 2002-2008?
- How do I Prepare Form 5500-SF for a One-Participant/Foreign Plan?
- How do I Complete a Final or Short Year Filing When the Next Year's Form is not yet Available?
- How do I Prepare a Prior Year Filing for 1988-2001, 2009-15?
- How would I Prepare a Form 5500 Filing for a Client that needs to use the DFVC Program?
- How do I Remove a Blank Entry from the Middle of Schedule D?
- What is the "Prior Year Filing" Checkbox on the Draft Form 5500/SF used for?