Portal usernames must be unique system-wide, over all ftwilliam.com customers. If you receive the message that the username already exists and the user is not present in your list of existing users, this indicates another customer within ftwilliam.com is already using that username. You will need to alter the username or make it more unique in order to add him/her to the system as a user. We suggest trying one of the following options to make a username more unique: JDoe123, JohnD123, DoeJohn, DoeJohn123, etc.
Please click here to view a brief demonstration.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- My portal user cannot remember his/her challenge questions to reset his/her own password and although I tried to assist, he/she did not receive the "Reset Password" email. How can they receive a new password?
- How do I Reset My Portal User's Password?
- How May I Disable the "Three Challenge Questions/Creating a New Password" Requirement for Portal Users?
- Enabling Single Sign-On for Your Portal
- I am receiving a message that the "Portal Username Already Exists." What does this mean?
- Log-In Procedures for the Portal (Effective November 1, 2012)(and what You Should Expect)
- How Does My Portal User Reset His/Her Password?