Please click here to view a demonstration of this process.
1. From the "Form 5500-Year" screen, click on "Batches/Fulfillment" within the "8955-SSA" box.
2. Once you are on the "8955-SSA Batches - Year" screen, click on "Create New Batch."
3. Enter your batch name and click "Create New Batch."
4. You are then on the "Select 8955-SSA (Batch Name) Batch Plans - Year" screen.
5. Select the plan(s) you wish to include in the batch and click "Update."
6. Click on your batch name in the breadcrumb trail that appears at the top of your screen.
7. You are now on the "8955-SSA (Batch Name) Batch Menu - Year" screen. Click on the yellow triangle next to "Batch Edit Check Status" to run your edit checks.
8. Once your edit checks have completed and you have corrected any edit checks you may have received, you will see the below message, where you would click on "OK" to lock your batch.
9. After locking your batch, click on your batch name which will take you to the "8955-SSA (Batch Name) Batch Menu - Year" screen.
10. From the "8955-SSA (Batch Name) Batch Menu - Year" screen, you will click on "FIRE E-File" under the "Fulfillment" heading to submit your batch to ftwilliam.com for fulfillment.
11. Click on "Submit" to submit your batch to ftwilliam.com for fulfillment. Once "Submit" is selected, the "E-File Status" column on the "8955-SSA Batches - Year" screen will change to "Pending."
Note: the fee to utilize ftwilliam.com's fulfillment service is a flat $12.65 batch fee + $1.31/SSA included in the batch.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I upload data to populate my Form 8955-SSA?
- I am Receiving an edit check in Regards to the Plan Admin/Sponsor's Name Typed onto the draft Form 8955-SSA. What does this mean?
- What are the necessary Steps for Creating a Batch (to electronically file to the IRS FIRE Site)?
- What are the necessary steps to create a Batch (to Utilize ftwilliam.com's Fulfillment Service)?
- Which Participants Do I Report on Lines 6a and 6b of Form 8955-SSA?