Here are the steps you will need to complete to upload data into your Form 8955-SSA:
- From the "Form 5500-Year" screen, within the "8955-SSA" box, click on "Upload."
- Select either "Page 1 CSV Upload" or "Participant CSV Upload" to continue (Note: You will not be able to select "Participant CSV Upload" until you have added a Form 8955-SSA to the plan).
- Depending on which option you selected, download the sample file provided and save the file to your computer.
- Go to the saved sample file on your computer and complete the spreadsheet with the necessary data/information.
- Save the updated sample file to your computer
- Return to the upload screen for either your Page 1 or Participant information.
- Browse for your file.
- Enter the number of rows to ignore before the header row (Note: If you do not have any rows entered above the column header, leave the default number as -0-; you do not want to ignore the column header row when uploading your data).
- If you are completing the Participant Data upload, you will want to ensure you enter the "Number of rows containing data" prior to uploading your spreadsheet.
- Click "Submit."
- Repeat these steps for uploading either the Form or Participant Data.
- Once you return to the "Form 5500-Year" screen, your Form/Participant Data (Depending on what you uploaded) should be displayed.
Further information is found in the 5500 User Guide, by clicking here.