This message appears because the system is looking for the TIN to be entered on the "Edit Payer" screen. To access this option, select the 'Edit Payer Data' link from within the 1099 module and update the information on Line 1a:
We would like to suggest performing the payer TIN Download and Upload to verify that all the correct TINs have been entered for your Payers. Once the TINs have been corrected and re-uploaded, the message should no longer appear.
Please click here to review the 1099 User Guide, which explains how to do the TIN download/upload for the Payers.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- "PartAlwaysUseTableIND" Column Header on the 1099-R CSV Upload Spreadsheet
- UPLOAD ERROR: MORE THAN ONE PAYER TIN FOUND FOR TIN XX-XXXXXXX
- Upload Error: No Payer found for TIN XX-XXXXXXX
- Where to Place the SSN/EIN on the 1099-R Payee Upload Spreadsheet
- Zip Code Entry on the 1099-R Payee Upload Spreadsheet