If using the "Payer TIN" upload, the "More than one payer TIN found" error occurs when the system finds two (or more) plans in the system with the same TIN entered on Line 1a of the "Edit Payer" screen. Since the system is finding more than one plan with the same TIN, it does not know which plan it should upload the data into from the spreadsheet. To resolve this error, do the following:
- Change one of the plan's TINs (Line 1a on the "Edit Payer" screen in the "Edit Payer Data" box from the "Form 1099-R-Year" screen) slightly. For example: the current TIN is 11-1111111. Change the TIN to 11-1111112 within the "Edit Payer Data" box and on the spreadsheet.
- Update the .csv file with the updated plan's TIN. Then, do the upload again.
- Go back to the "Edit Payer" box and change the plan's TIN back to what is the correct one.
To resolve this issue, ftwilliam.com introduced another way to upload payee data based on the "Company EIN/Plan Number". If using this spreadsheet, the user would need to verify that the system has the correct EIN/PN on file on the "Edit Company" and "Edit Plan" screen.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- "PartAlwaysUseTableIND" Column Header on the 1099-R CSV Upload Spreadsheet
- UPLOAD ERROR: MORE THAN ONE PAYER TIN FOUND FOR TIN XX-XXXXXXX
- Upload Error: No Payer found for TIN XX-XXXXXXX
- Where to Place the SSN/EIN on the 1099-R Payee Upload Spreadsheet
- Zip Code Entry on the 1099-R Payee Upload Spreadsheet