Completing a Prior Year Filing for 2002-2008:
Please note: In order to utilize the 2002-2008 forms, you must use Internet Explorer as your web browser.
Go to the client and plan on the ftwilliam.com website and choose the appropriate year for Form 5500. For example, if you are needing to complete a 2008 filing, you may select 2008 from the drop-down list and go to that year's filing. If the forms were not filled out for the prior year you’ll see a warning about completing the forms before converting to EFAST2 – click Continue, fill out or amend all the forms & schedules that you need, then click the "Convert to EFAST2" link at the bottom of the page. Be sure everything is correctly filled out before you convert as you won’t be able to switch back.
If you need to include Schedules B, E, R, P, T, MB, or SB with a prior year filing, these are filed on the original year's forms and added to the filing as PDF attachments. They should convert this way, but we do suggest saving a copy before you convert as occasionally one or more does not convert correctly. Also Schedule SSA is still mailed to the IRS, not filed electronically.
Once you have converted to EFAST2 the filing will still indicate that it's for 2008 but the screen will have the same options as the 2019 screen - i.e. the option to add attachments and invite a signer.
Note: once you convert your filing, you will not be able to undo the conversion. It is highly recommended that you review your filing prior to converting; as stated above, some schedules are automatically added as PDF attachments when converted and you will not be able to make changes to those schedules after converting.
Please click here to review additional prior year filing instructions in the 5500 User Guide.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How do I clear a radio button (e.g. "Yes" or "No" response) on my form or schedule?
- How Do I Prepare A Prior Year Filing For 2002-2008?
- How do I Prepare Form 5500-SF for a One-Participant/Foreign Plan?
- How do I Complete a Final or Short Year Filing When the Next Year's Form is not yet Available?
- How do I Prepare a Prior Year Filing for 1988-2001, 2009-15?
- How would I Prepare a Form 5500 Filing for a Client that needs to use the DFVC Program?
- How do I Remove a Blank Entry from the Middle of Schedule D?
- What is the "Prior Year Filing" Checkbox on the Draft Form 5500/SF used for?