This formula can maximize contributions to HCEs and only benefits other participants who defer. It maintains the ADP/ACP safe harbor status and can provide a top heavy free pass in most circumstances.
Three types of match are used:
- Safe Harbor Match – maximum 4% of compensation
- Discretionary Match - maximum 4% of compensation
- Fixed Match - ????% of deferrals up to 6% of comp
The Safe Harbor and Fixed formulas are specified in the document.
See the attached for more details on how this formula is calculated and how to code the allocation parameters screen.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- How should you code the allocation parameters screen for a plan with triple stack match?
- I'm uploading match on the census but the amounts are not sticking
- When I do the allocation the nonelective contributions are not calculating
- How do I handle a non-calendar year plan on ftw so that the 402(g) limit and catch-up contributions are calculated correctly?